- Make sure you have fully followed the main guide
- Pair the devices
- Open the configuration options on the primary PC
- Select the "local services" tab
- Choose "network access" and click on "properties"
- Make sure it is set to "start-up automatically", and change the pull down option to "allow other devices to access the Internet/LAN via this computer"
- If the device you want to connect FROM does not support Bluetooth security properly you need to download and run this registry fragment
- Open the "Network Connections" control panel
- Select your primary LAN connection (usually called "Local Area Network"), and then, holding control, also select your Bluetooth network connection (usually called "Bluetooth Network")
- Right click on either of the selected connections, and choose "Bridge Connections"
- Make sure that the Bluetooth network connection is enabled on both devices
- Share the relevant folders or printers on the main PC
- Connect the network access option the same way as any other Bluetooth service
- If you want to share files, folders, or printers in both directions you should carry out the above procedure on both PC's
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Setting up a Bluetooth Personal Area Network for Internet Connection Sharing for Mobiles
This method of Internet access sharing will only work when the host PC has Internet access through a LAN. The host PC must be running Windows 2000, XP or 2003 because it uses a Network Bridge